** Click on the HELP TOPICS to jump to a new section. Click here to return to Resources page.
- Information required to use LPAC:
- Home Language Survey (HLS)
- HLS date
- Enrollment date
- The Student Search screen is the default landing page.
- The LPAC Status column(student search) is not populated from the Class Roster file. This is determined by selections within the LPAC software.
- Settings – District Admin can click Yes to restrict teacher access. Selecting ‘Yes’ will allow teachers to view forms created for their students, but they will not be able to create or edit forms. Teachers would still have access to sign forms for a meeting if they are on the roster.
- District Administrators and District Managers have the ability to import HLS data for students.
- Click here for the data file format >> HLS Import
- Before importing a file, it’s best to not open it. Doing so sometimes changes the formatting.
- Please note that only new HLS records will be imported if uploading after the first file has been added. Existing data will not be updated (nor will it be deleted).
- The system will not import students included in the HLS import that are not appearing in your class roster data file. If a student is missing after an import, make sure they can be found in DMAC. Another way to search for them is from Utilities under the Students section or within Student Portfolio.
Searching for Students
- Filter with parameters (left) to select Campus, Grade, Language Survey, LPAC Status, Parent Approval and/or SPED.
- Locate students with partial first or last names using the Find box at the top.
- Total number of students appearing in the search appears in the parenthesis next to check all at the top of the columns.
- Check next to student names and click the Print icon to print multiple forms at one time.
Home Language Survey
- Select No Survey from the student search page.
- Click the green plus icon to create an individual student’s Home Language Survey.
- To create multiple HLS files at one time, check next to multiple student names; click Batch icon (top right).
- Select Survey Date, Home Language and Student Language.
- If a language is not available, click other languages.
- Enrollment date is optional when starting an HLS; however, it’s required to move forward before documenting any other forms.
- To begin adding forms to a student’s cumulative folder, click Forms icon on the top right and select a form from the pop-up.
- Complete fields and click save.
- Multiple forms can be completed for each student. Once saved, they are accessible from the cumulative folder (listed by school year and sortable in chronological order).
- Forms can also be assigned and created during Meetings.
- Please note: Monitoring periods must be completed before creating the progress monitoring form.
- From a student’s Cumulative Folder, click the edit icon to modify or add Accommodations.
- Click the edit link on Current Accommodations to check Instructional Accommodations and Classroom Testing Accommodations and add Notes (optional).
- Selections will be red if they are no longer available. Uncheck to remove them from the list.
- Click Save
- The number of Accommodations and most recent edit date will appear in the cumulative folder the Accommodations section.
- Print accommodations list using the print icon in that section.
- Click the back arrow to return to the student’s Cumulative Folder.
- Click the Upload icon to attach supplemental .pdf documentation to a student’s file.
- Multiple files can be uploaded at one time.
Print & Batch Print
- Print individual forms with the icon to the right of a form name.
- Click the print icon on the top right of student’s Cumulative Folder to see a folder summary listing all documentation or a Student History.
- In order for forms to have signatures pages, they must be attached to a meeting in LPAC.
- Batch print documentation for multiple students on the Search page by placing a checkmark next to more than one student’s name and clicking the print icon on the top right.
- Click the Portfolio icon from a Cumulative Folder to open DMAC’s Student Portfolio application for that student.
- It includes schedules, demographic information and a digital copy of state, local and national data (as provided to DMAC).
- Access historical plans or add more documentation to student records such as notes, files and forms. The more your school uses DMAC, the more information you can find in Student Portfolio.
From Meetings, click a student’s name in the roster to return to a Cumulative Folder -OR- Search from the Student tab.
- Forms – Select to add new LPAC forms.
- Upload – Upload external documentation as a .pdf.
- Print – Print details of the Cumulative Folder.
- Portfolio – View Student’s Portfolio.
- Search – Return to Student Search screen.
- Select Meetings from the top navigation bar.
- Access to meetings is based on user login in DMAC.
- Use the filters to search for meetings by campus or date.
- Edit, Copy and/or Delete existing meetings using the icons to the right of each one. Available icons depend on the user role. If an account does not have editing rights, a preview icon appears instead.
- Click the New icon from the Meetings section of LPAC. This icon does not appear until a campus is selected on the left.
- Enter meeting date, name, objectives and summary. Check the option from the blue box to require digital signatures on forms; click the Add Members button.
- Staff, teachers and/or parents must be added to a meeting before adding students. Use the Search drop-down menu and type out partial first or last names to locate individuals who already have a DMAC login or parents who are already in the system.
- NOTE: Staff and Teachers who have not registered TSDS State ID in DMAC will not appear in the search. This must be done before you can add them to a meeting.
- Click the gray plus icon to add members to a meeting. Verify their position (role on the committee), email, certification and confidentiality date and click add.
- Click the New Parent icon on the top right of the page for those not found in DMAC. New parents can only be added for enrolled students. First select the student’s name and then enter the parent’s contact information.
- Check the blue box to send a confirmation email to the parent; click Save.
- Click the Back icon on the top right of the Add Members page when everyone has been added. This opens a summary page for the meeting.
- Click the edit members link to add or modify the member list.
New Parent – Account Setup
- Parents need to complete their account set up by clicking on the link in the confirmation email.
- They will be asked to create a Security Question and Password to complete their account set up.
- Click Create New under signature to digitally sign forms; click Enter Text to type a signature or click Capture to draw a signature using a mouse or touchpad.
Add Students to Meeting
- From a meeting page, click the add students link from the Student Roster section.
- NOTE: For students to be added to the roster, they must have a Home Language Survey.
- Filter student list by Campus, Grade, Language, LPAC Status and Parent Approval.
- Check all (top of column) or check next to individual student names. Click the + add icon (top right) to save selected to the Student Roster for a meeting.
Forms to Meetings
- From the Student Roster section of a meeting, click on a student’s name. This opens their Cumulative Folder. Click the + Forms icon and select a form.
- Information auto populates on forms based on what data has already been entered in LPAC.
- Complete form fields and click on the yellow box at the bottom to attach a form to an LPAC Meeting.
- Click the Save and Next Student button to complete the same form for the next student attached to the meeting/student roster. To skip a student, click the Students icon on the top right of the page.
Digitally Sign Forms
- Click Meetings from the top navigation bar.
- On the top right of the meetings page, a red circle with a number appears over the Forms icon if your login has any forms that need signatures.
- Click the Forms icon to view Unsigned or Signed forms tied to your account.
- Select the Account icon on the top right to set up or edit existing digital signatures.
- Check all forms you wish to sign on the page (can be for multiple dates/meetings at once) and click the Sign icon on the top right. Preview the forms using the link provided on the pop-up and check the box stating ‘I have viewed these forms.’ – click Sign.
- You can also sign forms individually by clicking the paper and pen icon to the right of each form.
- Use the magnifying glass icon to view signed forms listed in reverse chronological order on the Signed tab.
Notify Members and View Forms
- Click the Edit icon next to a meeting name to notify members that signatures are needed or to see if there are unsigned forms remaining for students.
- Click the Notify icon on the top right to send an email to all committee members reminding them that there are forms that need signatures.
- View forms for individual students by clicking on the number under the Forms column of the Student Roster.
- Click the Print icon on the top right of a meeting to print or save .pdf copies:
- Student Notes
- All Forms
- Unsigned Forms
- The Roster icon on the top right of a Meeting exports the student roster as a spreadsheet.
- Click Meetings from the top navigation bar.
- Search for meetings by campus or date and click the Copy icon to the right of the meeting name.
- Add new Meeting Date, Name, Objective(s), Summary and check the box for digital signatures.
- Member and Student names from the previous meeting are listed. Click Save button to open the meeting screen and make changes to the rosters or select student names to attach forms.
- Click Reports from the top navigation bar.
- Select Report name.
- Campus, Grade, Subject and Accommodation Year are optional. If you do not select anything from these drop-downs, all information will show (for district logins).
- Select Export icon to export to spreadsheet with report information or the Print icon to print or save a .pdf.
- Select Dashboard from the top navigation bar.
- Search by Campus and/or Grade
- Red box displays students found with no State ID. Click the box to view, export or print a list of students.
- Colored boxes for Surveyed, EB, Proficient and Monitored are clickable along with all bar graphs and categories listed on the page.
- Move your cursor over areas to view where you can click to open real-time lists of students in each area (based on the most recent data entered into LPAC).
- Click the magnifying glass icon (top right) to open the Student Search page.
- From pages listing student names, click on the line to open a Cumulative Folder.