** Click on the HELP TOPICS to jump to a new section. Click here to return to Resources page.
DMAC offers two modules to help schools create personal graduation plans at the middle school/junior high and high school campuses. Both PGP-I and PGP-HS are offered for the combined price of $400 per campus. Schools who purchase one, get the other for no additional cost.
Student Portfolio appears in the black bar at the top of the screen after entering the following applications:
- Student Portfolio
- Learning Plans
- PGP High School (PGP-HS) and PGP Intervention (PGP-I)
Student Search is the default landing page for PGP-I
- Click Search/Students on the top navigation bar to return to the search screen. When using PGP-I, make sure the PGP-I tab (left menu) is selected when searching for students.
Select Settings from the top navigation bar to establish settings prior to using PGP-I each school year (District logins only)
Click the Print icon (top right) to view or print existing settings by campus. Use the tabs across the top to modify settings. Click column headers to sort in ascending or descending order.
- Each new School Year begins on July 1 with the option to unlock the previous school year if edits need to be made to a student’s plan.
- Use the Print Settings section to control the default print options on the PGP Intervention plans. Use the drop-down features to “Always Show,” “Never Show” or “Hide if no data exists” for these categories.
- Check the box in the Other section to allow teachers to edit plans for students in their class without assigning them as the advisor.
Student/Parent Goals & Intervention/Monitoring Plans
- Move to each tab to identify areas for Student Goals, Parent Goals, Intervention Plans, and Monitoring Plans to include in plans.
- Use the + Add New button for new goals or plans or use the Master icon to include preloaded selections..
- Click the Edit icon to change the name or description of each goal/plan; click the red x to Delete an entry or click the Active checkmark to deactivate a goal or plan (you cannot delete any that have already been added to a student’s record).
- Use the drop-down to sort by Active, Inactive or All goals and plans.
- Click + Add New to select Advisors by their Campus or DMAC Role for PGP Intervention plans; check names and click Save.
- Use the Filter icon to display Advistors by Campus or Role.
- Delete Advisors with the red X icon.
- Check all fields to be required for your district’s PGP Intervention plans.
- By Texas law, Student Goals, Parent Goals, Intervention Plans and Monitoring Plans are required and have been pre-checked in the software.
- Click Save icon (top right) if you make any changes.
NOTE: Enrollment dates, when selected, are pre-populated on student plans based on your class roster upload.
Search for Students
- Select PGP-I tab to search for students. Choosing Portfolio, Plans, or PGP-HS will bring you to the search screens for each application.
- Click Show Groups to view or manage custom groups. (Click here for more information about Groups).
- Teachers will automatically see their students. District or campus level accounts can use the filters on the left to locate students (i.e., Campus, Grade, Plan Year and/or Local ID – or search for students by their First or Last Name (including partial names).
- Click Search. Student names appear on the right.
- Click Reset to remove selections.
- The total number of students in a search displays on the bottom left and at the top of the Students column next to Select All (up to 250 students appear on each page).
- Use navigation on the bottom left to navigate through students or the Sort By section on the top right to change the order.
- Students are listed by their Local ID, Last Name, First name and grade.
- The check icon will indicate if a student has Testing Supports. Click the icon to open their Portfolio > Supports page to make changes.
- The AtRisk columns indicate if the student is At Risk (Yes or No) as designated by the Class Roster upload or by failing a STAAR assessment.
- The MetStd column lists tested subjects and displays Y or N if they passed or failed the most recent test. Click the area to open more details for each student.
- The PGP-I icons include: Edit to access an active plan; Add to start a new plan; and, Delete to remove a plan. Use the Refresh icon to restore a previous deleted plan.
- Click the magnifying glass icon to open an individual Student Portfolio (this takes you out of PGP-I).
Filter, Batch and Print
- Select the Filter icon to narrow the list of students by Demographics, Teachers, Test results, PGP-I, PGP-HS, Learning Plans or Supports. Each tab has different filters.
- Click Match Type to switch from AND to OR
- Click Apply to save selections or Clear to remove them.
- Number of active filters appears in purple on the bottom left of the Student Search page.
- Click the Filters button or the icon on the top right to view selections or make changes.
- Check individual student names or Select all from the top of Student Search
- Select Batch icon to create plans, edit fields on a plan, add Notes, update students demographics and class schedules, delete or restore plans.
- Click Execute to save the Batch Operation.
- Click Print icon to print one or more PGP-I plans
- Select Range from drop-down.
- Check desired sections and options and click Print.
- To print a listing with student names from the search results, check grid only. Print lists as a .pdf or export as .csv.
- Check supports only for a .csv of selected student supports.
- From the PGP-I > Student Search screen, click the green plus icon to start a new plan or the Edit icon to access existing documentation.
- PGP-I plans display the student’s information at the top in green. You will also see the plan year under the PGP-Intervention label on the top left.
- To view or add documentation to a student’s plan, use the links to each section from the menu on the left.
Quick Access Icons (top right)
- Portfolio – Open the Student Portfolio record for the selected student.
- Students – Select another student from your most recent search without leaving the PGP-I plan view.
- Student Info – Movable window with the student’s demographic information and schedule for the current year.
- Data – Movable window listing historical state data (STAAR/TELPAS), local assessments (TEKScore), TPRI/Tejas Lee or other national data sources (MAP, SAT, ACT, mCLASS and more).
- Plans – Movable window listing all plans a student has been assigned (Learning Plans, PGP-HS and PGP Intervention).
- Print – Print or save a .pdf of the PGP for the selected student. Use the options to check or uncheck which sections you wish to print.
- Access the various sections of a PGP-I plan by using the menu on the left. Click the Save icon on the top right that appears if you make any changes. Click Refresh to pull in the latest information.
- Summary – Assign an Advisor, edit enrollment, graduation date, days absent or years retained;
- Plans – Use the Interventions or Monitoring tabs to assign plan information to a student. Check or uncheck entries to add them and click Save. Available selections are managed in the Settings section from the top navigation bar. Only District level DMAC logins can add or remove items.
- Goals – Use the Student or Parent tabs to assign plan information to a student. Check or uncheck entries to add them and click Save. Available selections are managed in the Settings section from the top navigation bar. Only District level DMAC logins can add or remove items.
- Student Info – View student information including demographics (taken from the class roster files) and class schedules. Click Update (top right) to refresh the information.
- Notes/Files/Forms – Add documentation to a student’s plan such as text-based notes, .pdf files or Forms integrated with DMAC’s FormWorks application.
- Audit – View all activity, by user role, on a student’s plan. This page is read-only and no changes can be made. Use the drop-downs at the top or click the column headers to sort the information.
The Notes, Files and Forms sections of a PGP are used to add and organize documentation for individual students. This documentation can be attached to a Student’s Portfolio or specifically in a PGP. Each section has the same icons to add and view information.
- Select the Notes section to enter plain text information saved to a student’s record. Filter and view notes, listed in reverse chronological order, by using the drop-down menu.
- Click the green plus icon to add a note.
- Choose the desired location (e.g., PGP or Portfolio) from the drop-down menu.
- Notes recorded to a specific plan become ‘Read Only’ after the school year ends..
- Check the Print? box to include the note on printed documentation for that student; Click Save.
- Use icons to Print/Edit/Delete individual notes.
- Check an empty paper icon to include a note on printed documentation. Any notes with a green check mark appear when printed.
- NOTE: You may only Edit/Delete notes you authored unless you have a Campus or District Admin user role in DMAC.
- Select the Files section to upload .pdf files to attach to a student’s plan.
- Click the paper clip icon to upload a new file. Choose the desired location to save a file from the drop-down menu (top left); Locate the file and click Save.
- Sort files by location or year with the drop-downs at the top or use the Sort By drop-down to sort by Date, User, Type, Name or Printable files.
- Click the paper icons next to individual files or use the top icons to select which files will appear when printed. Anything with a green checkmark will appear on printed documentation for a student.
- The Print/Edit/Delete icons function the same as with Notes.
- The total number of Files attached to a student’s plan appears in the number circled in grey on the left menu.
- The Forms section is integrated with the FormWorks® software (purchased separately).
- Select Forms to complete and attach custom online forms for individual students (these can be standalone or running records).
- For a form to appear, the template must be attached to PGP-I when created in FormWorks.
- Click the green Add New icon to complete a form. From the top drop-downs, choose the desired location and select a Template. Check the Print? box to include the form on printed documentation.
- After selecting a template, complete the required fields; Click Save or Save and Close.
- For Approvals, click the action button on the top of a form to send an email notifying a DMAC user that an approval is needed.
- Sort completed forms by location or year with the drop-downs or use the Sort By filter to sort by date, user, type, name or if it’s printable.
- Click the paper icons next to individual files or use the top icons to select which forms will appear when printed. Anything with a green checkmark will appear on printed documentation for a student.
- The Print/Edit/Delete icons function the same as with Notes.
- The total number of Forms attached to a student’s plan appears in the number circled in grey on the left menu.