PGP High School (eLearning)
** Click on the HELP TOPICS to jump to a new section. Click here to return to Resources page.
About PGP-High School
DMAC offers two modules to help schools create personal graduation plans at the middle school/junior high and high school campuses. Both PGP-HS and PGP-I are offered for the combined price of $400 per campus. Schools who purchase one, get the other for no additional cost.
Student Portfolio appears in the black bar at the top of the screen after entering the following applications:
- Student Portfolio
- Learning Plans
- PGP High School (PGP-HS) and PGP Intervention (PGP-I)
Student Search is the default landing page for PGP-HS
- Click Search/Students on the top navigation bar to return to the search screen. When using PGP-HS, make sure the PGP-HS tab (left menu) is selected when searching for students.
- Select Settings from the top navigation bar to establish settings prior to using PGP-High School each school year (District logins only)
- Click the Print icon (top right) to view or print existing settings by campus. Use the tabs across the top to modify settings. Click column headers to sort in ascending or descending order.
- Click add new to add an Advisor. Advisors must be assigned to students if you want them to have edit access to a student’s plan.
- Identify Campus and Role from the drop-down menus. Select advisors by checking names, and click save.
- Click the filter icon (top right) to sort Advisors by a particular campus or role.
- TEA courses (CO22 course table) are pre-loaded in DMAC so there is no need to set these up under custom courses (unless renaming them to accommodate scheduling).
- Select add new icon to create a custom course.
- Type Name, select Content Area and enter Credit amount.
- Select Local or State; click save.
- Green Check icon – click to deactivate (or remove from list). This must be done for any courses that have already been assigned to a student’s plan. You can only click the red x to delete courses that have not been assigned. Click the edit icon to make changes.
- View courses (top right) by Active, Inactive or All using the drop-down.
Program of Study
- Click add new to create a new Program of Study.
- Select Endorsement – Name Program of Study – Create your template for that Program by selecting courses from the Content table on the left screen (they will populate on the right screen) – Use the drop down menu to move between content areas – Click Save.
- NOTE: When working in a student’s plan, you may still adjust the courses.
- Use the individual icons to the right of each listed to activate or deactivate a program, edit, copy or delete.
Post Secondary Plans
- Choose a plan from the master list or click add new to create a post secondary plan; click save.
- Green Check icon – click to deactivate (or remove from list). This must be done for any plans that have already been assigned to a student. You can only click the red x to delete courses that have not been assigned. Click the edit icon to make changes.
- Select PGP-HS tab to search for students. Choosing Portfolio, Plans, or PGP-I will bring you to the search screens for each application.
- Click Show Groups to view or manage custom groups. (Click here for more information about Groups).
- Teachers will automatically see their students. District or campus level accounts can use the filters on the left to locate students (i.e., Campus, Grade, Plan Year and/or Local ID – or search for students by their First or Last Name (including partial names).
- Click Search. Student names appear on the right.
- Click Reset to remove selections.
- The total number of students in a search displays on the bottom left and at the top of the Students column next to Select All (up to 250 students appear on each page).
- Use navigation on the bottom left to navigate through students or the Sort By section on the top right to change the order.
- Students are listed by their Local ID, Last Name, First name and grade.
- The check icon will indicate if a student has Testing Supports. Click the icon to open their Portfolio > Supports page to make changes.
- The Plan Type column lists the type of plan (if applicable) for each student.
- The PGP-HS icons include: Edit to access an active plan; Add to start a new plan; and, Delete to remove a plan. Use the Refresh icon to restore a previous deleted plan.
- Click the magnifying glass icon to open an individual Student Portfolio (this takes you out of PGP-HS).
Filter, Batch and Print
- Select the Filter icon to narrow the list of students by Demographics, Teachers, Test results, PGP-I, PGP-HS, Learning Plans or Supports. Each tab has different filters.
- Click Match Type to switch from AND to OR
- Click Apply to save selections or Clear to remove them.
- Number of active filters appears in purple on the bottom left of the Student Search page.
- Click the Filters button or the icon on the top right to view selections or make changes.
Add/modify/delete information from more than one PGP-HS record at a time. First, check individual student names or Select All from the top of Student Search and click the Batch icon (top right).
The available operations include:
- Create Plans
- Edit Fields (e.g., change advisor, plan type, or program of study for multiple students)
- Add Note
- Edit Courses (e.g., add/remove/replace courses, or mark them complete)
- Delete plans
- Restore plans
Select operation from the drop-down list and indicate if you want it executed for Selected Students (those with check marks) or All Students (those that appear in your most recent search screen).
- Under Edit Fields, Check replace to remove and replace an identified Endorsement, Program of Study or Post Secondary Plan.
- NOTE: If you are adding information to a plan, you DO NOT want to check the replace box.
- Click Print icon to print one or more PGP-HS plans
- Select Range from drop-down.
- Check desired sections and options and click Print.
- To print a listing with student names from the search results, check grid only. Print lists as a .pdf or export as .csv.
- Check supports only for a .csv of selected student supports.
- From the PGP-HS > Student Search screen, click the green plus icon to start a new plan or the Edit icon to access existing documentation.
- Plans display the student’s information at the top in green. You will also see the plan year under the PGP-HS label on the top left.
- To view or add documentation to a student’s plan, use the links to each section from the menu on the left.
Quick Access Icons (top right)
- Portfolio – Open the Student Portfolio record for the selected student.
- Students – Select another student from your most recent search without leaving the PGP-I plan view.
- Student Info – Movable window with the student’s demographic information and schedule for the current year.
- Data – Movable window listing historical state data (STAAR/TELPAS), local assessments (TEKScore), TPRI/Tejas Lee or other national data sources (MAP, SAT, ACT, mCLASS and more).
- Plans – Movable window listing all plans a student has been assigned (Learning Plans, PGP-HS and PGP Intervention).
- Print – Print or save a .pdf of the PGP for the selected student. Use the options to check or uncheck which sections you wish to print.
- Once in the individual plan, click the Edit icon (top right) to establish the PGP-HS Plan Options, Endorsement, Program of Study, Post Secondary Plans and/or Performance Acknowledgment (when earned); click Save.
- Student’s campus and grade level (based on Class Roster) are auto-populated.
- Select an Advisor > assign the graduation Plan Type and number of Credits associated with the plan. Use the sliding scale to clarify State and Local credits required.
- Assign courses to plan by clicking the Add Courses icon.
- Select Content or Program from the drop-down. Toggle between both areas using the drop-downs to change the content areas or program of study in order to add courses for a student. (By selecting Program, it populates the templates created in Settings).
- Add courses quickly by selecting the grade (MS, 09, 10, 11 12). Added courses appear on the right of the window; click OK to continue.
- Core Courses are color-coded >> ELA – blue/gray; Math – light blue; Science – green; and, Social studies – yellow/green.
- If needed, click the red X to delete a course when hovering over the name.
- Select save icon when all courses have been assigned to a plan.
- A Changes box appears when modifying a plan. Text entered displays in the description field of the Audit section (left menu). You have the option to enter a comment to justify any changes to a student’s plan (this is a mandate per HB5 legislation in Texas).
- If a course is marked F/failed, a small icon appears allowing you to move that course to another grade level for completion.
- Completed courses will appear as lightly grayed out IF the course was given credit under the credits tab.
Manually enter class credits for individual students as they are acquired on the credits tab. Credits can also be entered using the Batch Operations feature for multiple students at one time from the Search screen in PGP-HS..
- For each completed course, check the box for the corresponding time period.
- Notice the green highlighted areas correspond to the grade level choices for courses.
NOTE: If you place more than one check mark in a grade, it will add the credit values together after saving. Edit the credit total utilizing the drop-down feature in the Credits column.
- I = First Semester
- II = Second Semester
- S = Summer School/ Credit Recovery
- F = Failed Class
- The grade or percentage values may also be added in the column to the right.
Select Save icon (top right) to record any changes made to credits earned and courses completed.
Notes, Files, Forms & Audit
The Notes, Files and Forms sections of a PGP are used to add and organize documentation for individual students. This documentation can be attached to a Student’s Portfolio or specifically in a PGP. Each section has the same icons to add and view information.
- Select the Notes section to enter plain text information saved to a student’s record. Filter and view notes, listed in reverse chronological order, by using the drop-down menu.
- Click the green plus icon to add a note.
- Choose the desired location (e.g., PGP or Portfolio) from the drop-down menu.
- Notes recorded to a specific plan become ‘Read Only’ after the school year ends..
- Check the Print? box to include the note on printed documentation for that student; Click Save.
- Use icons to Print/Edit/Delete individual notes.
- Check an empty paper icon to include a note on printed documentation. Any notes with a green check mark appear when printed.
- NOTE: You may only Edit/Delete notes you authored unless you have a Campus or District Admin user role in DMAC.
- Select the Files section to upload .pdf files to attach to a student’s plan.
- Click the paper clip icon to upload a new file. Choose the desired location to save a file from the drop-down menu (top left); Locate the file and click Save.
- Sort files by location or year with the drop-downs at the top or use the Sort By drop-down to sort by Date, User, Type, Name or Printable files.
- Click the paper icons next to individual files or use the top icons to select which files will appear when printed. Anything with a green checkmark will appear on printed documentation for a student.
- The Print/Edit/Delete icons function the same as with Notes.
- The total number of Files attached to a student’s plan appears in the number circled in gray on the left menu.
- The Forms section is integrated with the FormWorks® software (purchased separately).
- Select Forms to complete and attach custom online forms for individual students (these can be standalone or running records).
- For a form to appear, the template must be attached to PGP-I when created in FormWorks.
- Click the green Add New icon to complete a form. From the top drop-downs, choose the desired location and select a Template. Check the Print? box to include the form on printed documentation.
- After selecting a template, complete the required fields; Click Save or Save and Close.
- For Approvals, click the action button on the top of a form to send an email notifying a DMAC user that an approval is needed.
- Sort completed forms by location or year with the drop-downs or use the Sort By filter to sort by date, user, type, name or if it’s printable.
- Click the paper icons next to individual files or use the top icons to select which forms will appear when printed. Anything with a green checkmark will appear on printed documentation for a student.
- The Print/Edit/Delete icons function the same as with Notes.
- The total number of Forms attached to a student’s plan appears in the number circled in gray on the left menu.
- View all activity, by user role, on a student’s plan. This page is read-only and no changes can be made; however, it’s a great way to track documentation required by state mandates. Use the drop-downs at the top or click the column headers to sort the information.