** Click on the HELP TOPICS to jump to a new section. Click here to return to Resources page.
- The FormWorks application allows you to create custom online forms for data your school would like to track in a digital format.
- Forms can be stand alone – generate reports on any data collected within a form.
- Forms can be integrated into other DMAC applications such as Appraisals, Student Portfolio, Learning Plans, PlanWorks, etc.
- Form Templates must be established by approved Authors in order for forms to appear within the application or in other pieces such as Student Portfolio.
- District and Campus administrators can change Settings and select FormWorks Authors
- Select Settings from the top navigation bar in FormWorks.
- Choose the Location from the drop-down on the left
- Click Add New icon (top right) to select authors who can create Templates..
- Click the Delete icon to remove an Author from the list.
- A blue box with a number next to an Author’s name indicates the total number of templates assigned to that user. Click the box to view the titles of forms and/or reassign templates to another user. Click on one or more Template names, or select all, and click Reassign Selected. Select the Campus and Name . Click Reassign.
- Uncheck the Active checkbox at the top of the column to view forms without authors assigned.
- Click on Templates on the top navigation bar.
- In order to collect any data for a form in FormWorks, approved Authors must first create and publish Templates.
Template Search Page
- Filter existing Templates by Type/Application, Status (active, published, deleted, archived), Location (entire district or selected campus), Approval is required, Has Forms or My Templates Only.
- The total number appearing in the search is listed in parenthesis next to Results.
- Use the text box to search for templates by a partial name and click Find.
- Templates are listed with their type appearing in green. The title, creation date and Author is listed. A blue box appears if the form requires approvals.
Use the icons to the right of each template name for the following:
- Publish – Toggle icon appears green when a template is live for others to complete forms. Toggle appears gray if a template is not published. Click the toggle on and off to publish/unpublish forms.
Important:Templates with a number greater than zero in the Forms column can no longer be edited or unpublished. Once data is tied to a template, you must either copy it to make changes or archive it.
- Settings – Update the name of a template, change the Type, Location, edit the Author, assign or edit Approver(s) and add/edit Authors who also have access to edit a template.
- Copy – Copy and rename an existing template. This will allow you to make changes to templates that already have completed forms attached to them.
- Archive – Archive templates. This deactivates forms so no more data can be collected.
- Edit – Make changes to a template up until it has been published. Unpublish templates to make changes as long as no one has completed a form.
- Preview – View a Read Only version of the form.
- Delete – Delete a template. Not available if the Author does not have access or if someone has already filled out a form.
- Select Templates from the top navigation bar in FormWorks; click on add new icon (top right) and select Start with a blank template.
- Enter the name of the form.
- Select Type – Click on the Type drop-down to attach the form to another DMAC application (Portfolio, PlanWorks, Learning Plans, Appraisals, etc.).
- Location – Choose to limit the form to only selected Campuses or leave it open for the entire district.
- Approver – Select add approver if the forms require a review from another DMAC login. Approval paths with multiple approvers can be created. Drag and drop names into the approvers box and arrange them in the path you wish to follow.
- Template Editors – Extend the ability for other DMAC logins to edit the template.
- Complete Forms/View Reports – Click add users to restrict which DMAC users can complete forms or view reports for the selected templates.
- Click Save.
Use the available fields (left menu) to drag and drop on the template. Organize fields into any order by dragging and dropping them to new locations.
Click a field and use the small icons for Settings, Copy and Delete to customize a field, make a duplicate or remove a field from the template. With Settings, each field has different options.
* Check Required to ensure users complete that field before it can be saved.
Preview, Publish or Print – Use the icons on the top right of a template to Preview how a form will appear for users; Publish the template to collect data or Print a copy of the template.
Important: Once published, a template becomes read only. You can only make changes to templates that are not published. Click the Unpublish Icon (which is only available until someone completes a form online) to make any edits.
- Heading – Add a title or sub-label (heading)
- Text – Add instructions or descriptions. This text is listed on a form without an input field to collect information.
- Text Box – Collect short text-based information
- Text Area – Collect longer text-based information
- Check box – Users can check one or more answer choices. Designate 1 to 6 columns for choices to appear on the form and enter the answer choices by clicking the New button. Use the +add, delete or check icons to add more choices, remove one or click the check to have it preselected on each new form. Drag and drop choices to change the order. Click Import to pull in sample lists already created.
- Radio Button – Users select only one answer choice from a list. Designate 1 to 6 columns for choices to appear and enter the answer choices by clicking the New button. Use the +add, delete or check icons to add more choices, remove one or click the check to have an option preselected for new forms. Drag and drop choices to change the order. Click Import to pull in sample lists already created.
- Drop Down – Users select one choice from a drop-down list. Enter answer choices by clicking the New button. Use the +add, delete or check icons to add more choices, remove one or click the check to have an option preselected for new forms. Drag and drop choices to change the order. Click Import to pull in sample lists already created.
- Number – Require users to input a number. Type can be a number, currency or percent. Enter a minimum or max value to regulate answers.
- Date/Time – Ask users to enter either both a date and time or just the date or time separately on a form.
- Page Break – Insert page breaks. Only needed if printing forms.
- Table – Create tables that collect information via checkbox, radio button, text or numbers. The number value can automatically calculate sums or averages for columns.
- Full Name – Preset field to collect first and last names.
- Address – Preset field to collect addresses
- Print Field – Data (example: Student’s Name, Local ID, demographics, etc.) is auto populated on a form.
Copy Existing or Common Templates
- Select Templates from the top navigation bar in FormWorks; click on add new icon (top right) and select; Copy an existing or common template.
- Narrow the list of available forms with the filters on the top left.
- Select Type and/or Status or, use the Approval and Common toggles to view forms with either an approval path or only common templates already created by DMAC (i.e., HB4545, MTSS, TMSFA, T-TESS, etc.).
- Choose a form template to copy from the left.
- Use the Print icon on the top right to print the template or click the Start Copy. Rename the template, select the Type (where will the form be available?), add one approver (optional) and then Save.
- Make adjustments to the form fields by clicking them and using the small Settings icon on the right.
- Preview, Publish or Print – Use the icons on the top right of a template to Preview how a form will appear for users; Publish the template to collect data or Print a copy of the template.
Use the Forms section from the top navigation bar to complete or view online forms.
- On the top left, use the drop-down list to select All or choose an individual Type/Application. This controls which forms display on the page.
- The two buttons under the drop-down allow you to see all Saved or completed forms that did not require any approval or select Approvals for any other forms requiring an approval path.
- View forms by year or look at those saved in the last three or six months. The Activity chart lists the total number of completed forms by month. Changing the date range automatically filters the page to show forms from that timeframe.
- Filter by Completed or Deleted forms in the Saved section. If you created the form or have an Administrator login, you can click the Edit icon to make changes to forms or the red X to Delete (forms that have been tied to other applications such as Student Portfolio or Appraisals cannot be deleted).
- The Approvals button displays all forms within the approval path.
- The Assigned section includes any forms that your login is responsible for approving.
- Drafts allow you to go in and edit forms that were not yet submitted.
- In Process shows the status of the form within the approval chain.
- Completed forms list all those that were approved.
- Deleted lists any form deleted within the timeframe.
- Clicking the Edit icon next to a form name opens the form where you can make changes; click the green history link at the top for more details.
- Select Back to return to the Forms screen.
- Select the New Form icon (top right) to complete a stand alone form in FormWorks (any template not attached to another DMAC application such as Student Portfolio).
- Narrow the list by typing a partial name and click Find.
- View all forms or just those with or without approval paths using the Approval Required radio buttons on the right.
- If a form requires an Approver, the name is listed in the Approver column.
- Click the green + icon to fill out a form.
- Complete the form and click Save. A pop up box appears allowing you to rename the form.
- If an approval path exists, you will have another box asking if you’d like to Submit for approval or save it for later.
- Forms that were not submitted, include an Action icon on the top right. To Submit a form for approval, verify your email address, select the Approver, enter Comments (required) and click Save.
- Click the Back icon (top right) to return to the Forms page.
- Click on Reports from the navigation bar
- Use the filters to select a template for reporting. Sort by author, type or status.
- Select a template name and complete the Options column.
- Modify the date range by changing the Start Date and End Date for the report.
- Generate reports for Completed, Deleted or All forms.
- Check to include My Forms Only, to Export Data or Include Sub-labels. When selecting Export Data, the icon on the top right changes from Print to Export CSV. This will open results in a spreadsheet format instead of a printer-friendly format that can be saved as a .pdf.
- Sort by None, Ascending or Descending order or round to the nearest whole number or nearest tenth.
- Select the Reporting Fields you wish to include on the report and identify any Filters.
- Click Print (or Export, if selected) on the top right to view reports.